Pages

Saturday, March 12

Yard Sailing - Found upcycling in action

Saturday, 3/12/2011   07:00 hours
Neighborhoods
Plantation, Florida
  My daughters decided that with my wife’s craft fair starting early on Sunday, they wanted a day to sleep in, so they skipped out on the yard sailing today.  











I did pretty good at an estate sale near the golf course with a few early Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel albums, a Czech tea set, and a Beauty School case.  


Went to a flea market of sales at a local park in Sunrise and walked away with some early 1940’s children’s books, a small wooden box that had a 1942 Dog Vaccination tag and a 1935 Dog License tag in the bottom, and an occupied Japan trinket box.  





The best thing I found was an upcycled electric box that had been turned into a clock.  Very cool.  Finished the day at a yard sale, but only walked away with a Toby mug Salt & Pepper shaker set and a Nintendo Gameboy Advance for the girls.  It came with a bunch of games and only cost $5, so I rolled the dice.  They said they liked “rolling old school”, whatever that’s supposed to mean.
 Short blog this week as I have to list some items on Etsy and help my wife get prepared for tomorrow.



If you want to preview my “picks” before they’re posted on my blog, I post the pictures early on Facebook at www.facebook.com/reinvintagearts.

If you see something that you like, it’ll most likely end up in my Etsy shop at www.reinvintagearts.etsy.com.

1 comment: