Pages

Tuesday, March 22

Another trip to Rodney's Auction in Davie, Florida

Wednesday, 3/16/2011   18:00 hours
Thrift Stores
Palm Beach, Florida


 Okay, let me set the record straight.  You can still find some awesome things at thrift stores.  Although I think they are getting overpriced and not what they used to be, they still let the good stuff slip through the cracks sometimes.  Check out these awesome Treasure Craft pistol grip mugs I found!  Hello 1958!  









Also found the best farm set ever – they are Britians, circa 1950 – lead and heavy… The tractor is Dinky toys, also made in England.






A close up of the cows...
Is it the farmer in the dale?






Saturday, 3/19/2011   07:00 hours
Neighborhoods
Plantation, Florida

  Another week without my picking cohorts… I think this may become a solo Saturday session.  I just can’t get my girls up early on the weekends, ah teenagers.  Oh well.
First stop were the estate sales – one near Jacaranda Lakes produced an early 80’s Canon AE-1 35mm camera with all the bells and whistles.  Really in great condition -  I’m sure it’ll sell quick on Etsy, but I may get more for it on Ebay.  






Also a Mr. Bartender liquor bottle spout/saver and a nice silver sheath comb.  The second one was further south and didn’t offer much.  I did manage to find a German covered dish and a captain ashtray (this one stays with me).  I found a few old pictures at the garage sales after, but am having a difficult time photographing them.  I keep getting a bad reflection off the glass, so sorry I can’t share.






Saturday, 3/19/2011   18:00 hours
Davie, Florida

My wife went with me to the auction again at Rodney’s Auction House.  We had a blast! 
Arrived right at 5pm, the auction started at 6pm, but we had time to browse after registering.  She won a lot of old costume jewelry right off the bat, so she was very happy.  I lost a bid on another antique mantel clock – too bad.  Also lost a bid on some great 60’s folding clear plastic chairs.  Won a great flower vase – a friend says it’s probably Polish.  Love the colors.  Also won a West German blue drip vase.  




The best win, however, was a great 1950’s baby carriage – too cool.  The rubber tires are a little worse for the wear, but I think it’ll clean up nice.







If you want to preview my “picks” before they’re posted on my blog, I post the pictures early on Facebook at www.facebook.com/reinvintagearts.

If you see something that you like, it’ll most likely end up in my Etsy shop at www.reinvintagearts.etsy.com.



1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute baby carriage.

    Oh and Happy Birthday! Have a fantastic day and enjoy your day :)

    Thank you for all you do for us vesties.

    ReplyDelete